Held at the Lancaster Convention Center, in downtown Lancaster, PA, quilters from all over the world will gather to admire each others artwork and enjoy learning new techniques. In addition to viewing quilts, the conference has planned a variety of special events:
- The Quilter´s Link, 10 -11 a.m., Southern Market
- All-Star Review, 6 - 8 p.m., Southern Market
- Quilter's Fun Night with Dianne S. Hire & Bonnie Browning, 7 – 8:30 p.m., Southern Market
- Ricky Tims Concert, 7 - 9 p.m., Chapel at Lancaster Bible College (901 Eden Road, Lancaster, 17601)
- Brunch with Karen Kay Buckley, 9 – 10:30 a.m., Southern Market
Visit the AQS website to find out more information on the conference and specific information on the following exhibits: 2011 Pilgrim/Roy Quilt Challenge, Fiber Revolution/Kalahari Quilts, New Quilts from an Old Favorite: Sunflowers, Rust-Tex Collection, and The Perfect Journey by Karen Kay Buckley.
Since, the mid-1800s, the Amish and Mennonite women of Pennsylvania Dutch Country have been creating quilts, thus it is appropriate that the quilt show is held in a city that has such a rich history. To learn more about the history of quilting, while you’re in Lancaster Pennsylvania, visit one of the many local quilt shops.
In the evenings, I encourage you to escape the busyness of the city for a quiet night at a luxury bed and breakfast. Not to mention some of the great restaurants that are nearby, and the friendly innkeepers of this Lancaster PA bed and breakfast! The comfortable feather-top beds and gourmet breakfasts will refresh and energize you for another day of exploring the Quilt Show in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.