The Phillies play at First Energy Stadium and have fireworks most weekends after the game. They also have many theme nights and promotional giveaways throughout the season. Here are a few to keep in mind:
- Post game concert on May 31st
- Giveaway on June 5th: Crazy Hot Dog Vendor BBQ Apron
- A visit from the Phillie Phanatic on July 1st
- Giveaway on August 25th: Reading Phils Harley baseball cap
Sounds like some great evenings are scheduled, but you might be wondering what the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor is, right? He is a mascot of the Reading Phillies that arrives during the second inning and throws hot dogs into the stands. He wears a bow tie and rides an ostrich named Rodrigo, which makes for a lively performance! Fans adore the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor, and you’ll have to go to a game to see what the craze is all about.
In Lancaster County, you can catch the Barnstormers at Clipper Magazine Stadium. While their mascot isn’t as famous, they do have a red cow named Cylo that gets the crowd mooooving! Here are a few special events to keep in mind for the season:
- June 2: Star Wars themed fireworks
- June 21: Toy Story night with appearances from Buzz and Woody
- July 22: Christmas in July
- August 24: Elvis themed fireworks
Plan your trip and get your tickets today so you can watch the visiting teams strike out, and cheer our home teams to victory!